I. TITLE: Banquet Manager
II. ACCOUNTABILITY OF THE POSITION:
A. Reports to the Project 658 Event Coordinator in the staff leadership organizational chart.
III. MINISTRY PURPOSE:
- To implement the Project 658 ministry mission, vision and strategy.
- To provide support to ministry fundraising events.
IV. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
Goal: To support events at The 658 Center, communicate the unique value of the event space, and honor the Center as a place for ministry within the community.
i. Create event layout
ii. Prepare event spaces for renters and 658
iii. Manage linens (count, dry clean, order, organize)
iv. Manage and organize all event & catering supplies & equipment
v. Execute orders and deliveries for BEOs (excluding food products) vi. Vendor communication
vii. Attend transition meeting with client and Event Sales/Coordinator viii. Internal management of tasting
viiii. On-site manager of event
x. Expedite front of house service during events
i. Hire/Manage/Train all Front of House Staff for events ii. Manage porter schedule for events
iii. Manage AV schedule
iv. Hire/Manage parking lots and parking attendants
- As the on-site manager at an event, be able to clearly communicate with the client.
- Communicate schedules to servers, porters, and possibly AV techs, as needed.
4. Project 658 Staff Team
- Weekly accountable meetings with the Event Team
- Weekly accountability meeting with Event Coordinator
- Monthly All Staff Meeting
- Will be administratively supported by the administrative staff
V. POSITION COMPENSATION – WORK HOURS, SALARY, AND EXPENSES:
- Work Hours: Flex Hours (Summer 25-30/week; fall 30-40/week)
- Hourly Compensation