Ever crave dessert for dinner? Here’s your excuse! Join some of Charlotte’s best pastry chefs for the third annual Sugar Shock, a 6-course tasting of unforgettable desserts! The evening will begin with light hors d’oeuvres. Each course will have a beverage pairing including spirits from Topo Distillery & Woody Creek Distillery. Proceeds benefit the Project 658 culinary program and community feeding project.
March 25, 2019
The 658 Center, 3646 Central Ave., Charlotte, 28205
7:00 – 9:00 (light appetizers served from 6:30 – 7:00)
Sugar Shock 2018 Menu, 2019 Menu coming soon!
Passed Apps by Phillip Platoni, Southminster
Cocktail Pairings by Kel Minton, Soul Gastrolounge
1. Roasted Blood Orange Roulade | Tart Cranberry Chantilly | Pecan-Honey Crumble | Grapefruit Preserves (Sam Allen, Wentworth & Fenn)
2. Lemon Mascarpone Icebox Cake | Hazelnut Shortbread | Lemon Curd | Mascarpone Custard | Pomegranite Preserves | Candied Thyme (Justin Burke-Samson, Kindred & Hello Sailor)
3. Almond | Hibiscus | Honey | Mint (Brigitte Oger, Craft Cakes CLT & Southminster)
4. Goat Cheese | Spiced Muscadine | Rye Crisp | Mustard Greens (Alyssa Wilen Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen)
5. Chocolate & Strawberries in Textures (Miranda Brown, The Asbury)
6. Cocktail Inspired Mignardise | Bloody Mary | Amaretto Sour | Strawberry Margarita | Mojito | Dark Russian (Jossie Perlmutter & Gabija Vecci, Sweet Affairs & La Piccola Gabbia)